Friday, I posted the answers Jack gave me three years ago. Here’s what he had to say today.
1. What is something mom always says to you?
2. What makes mom happy?
Me being calmed down
3. What makes mom sad?
I don’t know. I know what makes you mad, though.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
You make a stupid joke. (Apparently that hasn’t changed.)
5. What was your mom like as a child?
I don’t know.
6. How old is your mom?
Either 35 or 36
7. How tall is your mom?
Can you stand up? Where’s that ruler? *searches desk for ruler* I don’t know. Six feet. Five feet. How tall are you?
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
I have absolutely no idea. I’m not around.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Wait. Are you good at drawing? (No.) I don’t know. I can’t think of things people get famous for.
11. What is your mom really good at?
Reading. But I’m not sure you can get famous for reading.
12. What is your mom not very good at?
13. What does your mom do for her job?
You don’t have a job. (Except taking care of you?) That, too. But you don’t have the kind of job where you go to work and stuff.
14. What is your mom’s favorite food?
I don’t know. Your least favorite food is asparagus.
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
(He’s taking a long time to think of something…) Wait. Does having Blake count? (Sure.) ‘Cuz I really like having Blake.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
I don’t know.
17. What do you and your mom do together?
We go to Callaway Gardens. With Blake. (We only do that once a year. You can’t think of anything else we do together?) No, that’s it.
18. How are you and your mom the same?
We both really like to read. (But apparently, we don’t ever read together.)
19. How are you and your mom different?
I like games where you run around, and you like games that are all puzzley. Wait. Is puzzley a word?
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
These are hard questions… Oh, ‘cuz almost every night, you say you love me and Blake. (So, not because of all the stuff I do for you?) Sometimes the simple answers are the best answers. (I have no idea what that means.)
21. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
These are really hard questions. Can you give me a hint? Blake, do you know? I don’t know. (I don’t know, either.)