You’re in the middle of a terrible argument, and everyone turns to you to help resolve it. How do you respond? How do you react to conflict?
This is actually the prompt from November 2, but I was at a loss so went picking through the daily prompts.
The way I see it, I have several options:
1. Turn around and walk out of the room.
2. Curl up in a ball in the corner and pretend nothing is happening.
3. Grab a water hose or a pitcher of water to cool everyone off. What? It works for dogs.
4. Use my talents for good rather than evil. I can usually see both sides of a situation, whether I agree or not. I’d probably separate the arguees to give them time to calm down, and talk to each of them alone, trying to validate their opinion while also bringing up the good points in the opposite argument.
5. If that doesn’t work, see #3.