I’m moving this weekend, for the second time in less than seven months. In fact, both my computers are packed up and I had to come to the library to write this post because it wouldn’t go away until I wrote it. (Why won’t a best-selling novel come live in my head and refuse to leave?) As a result of both moves, I’ve come to realize a few things.
1. I have more food than I thought. Even after not buying groceries for the past three weeks.
2. I have more stuff than I realized. I would love to blame it on the kids, but most of the junk really is mine.
3. No matter how much stuff you have left to pack, the things you need are already packed. No amount of planning will prevent this.
4. Always pack the can opener last.
5. It’s really, REALLY hard for me to not have internet access for an extended period of time.
6. Basements are under-appreciated, and should be declared the Eighth Wonder of the World.
7. I have the most amazing friends in the world. In fact, you probably don’t have any friends, because I’m sure I have more than my fair share. Sorry about that.
I’m off to finish packing. I won’t be online until probably Monday. So go spend some time with your family. I don’t want to miss anything fun on the internet while I’m gone.
What about you? What did you learn during your last move?