“Women Empowering Themselves: A Financial Survival Guide” will take you through the basic steps to calculate your financial worth, identify your financial needs and gain control of your financial destiny. Inside are simple exercises and tools to help you understand what you own and what you owe and to show you how to manage your budget and debt, whether you’re in a relationship or alone. Keep this guide with you as a reference, a financial record keeper and a resource; you will become more financially aware and independent. It will be like having a credit counselor in your purse!
Inside this guide you will find:
• Definitions of financial terms and concepts
• Tips for organizing your financial information
• Marital and personal net worth charts
• Personal income calculators
• Household expense analysis
• Budgeting and problem-solving tools
• Debt and credit report explanations
• Warnings of potential financial pitfalls
• Housing and major expense evaluations
• Financial considerations for divorce negotiations
• Savings tips and financial goal setting
• Resource directory for information and assistance
The full title of this book is Women Empowering Themselves: A Financial Survival Guide – For Women at Risk of Drowning Financially Before, During and After Divorce, but it’s a great resource for anyone. It’s short and to-the-point, with detailed tables for recording your assets, liabilities, and expenses. The authors have also included a few inexpensive, easy recipes in the back to help with menu-planning and grocery expenses, and there is an extensive list of resources.
The authors also point out several financial mistakes that women often make (no, buying too many shoes is not one of them) and how to avoid them. Every woman needs to read this book, even if you think you’ll never get divorced. The sudden death of a spouse can have devastating financial effects as well, if you’re not prepared. Following the advice in this book will help women feel more in charge of their financial health, no matter their circumstances.
About the book
Title: Women Empowering Themselves: A Financial Survival Guide – For Women at Risk of Drowning Financially Before, During and After Divorce
Authors: Antoinette Babek & Hollis Colquhoun
Publisher: Dog Ear Publishing, LLC
Release date: June 10, 2009
Where I got the book: For free through the WLC Review Program in exchange for an honest review.