Because the date is getting closer, the first person who leaves a comment (you don’t have to use the form, just comment below) will get the ticket. If someone else has already commented when you get here, go ahead and leave your info anyway. If for some reason, the first person can’t attend, and if I have enough notice, I’ll still give the ticket to someone else.
In case you missed it, I recently applied for and was selected as one of several bloggers to attend the Women of Faith conference. This included admission for two. There is only one of me. So now I have an extra ticket for the Women of Faith Conference at Philips Arena in Atlanta on August 12 & 13. Who do I invite? I have several women with whom I’d love to hang out, but if I ask one and she can’t go, then I have to ask someone else, and risk hurting her feelings if she finds out she was the second choice. I don’t even want to think about having to ask a third person. So I finally decided that I would just pick randomly from those who are interested and free that weekend.
I’m not advertising this on contest sites (like I do with the book giveaways), so the only people who will see this post are friends, family, and my regular blog readers. (This is open to my blog readers, btw.)
*I still don’t want to post this on a contest site, but since it’s been three days with no comments, feel free to share this with others via Twitter or Facebook.*
**I’ve already widened the circle as much as I can, so I’m going to post this on the contest sites I use for my book giveaways. Feel free to share via email or your social networks.**
Just a few rules:
1. You have to live near Atlanta or be very sure you can be in Atlanta on Friday, August 12 and Saturday, August 13, 2011. (Sessions start at 10 am on Friday and run through 5 pm on Saturday.)
2. This is for admission (and a box lunch) for the conference only. This does not include accommodations or any kind of travel expense or parking fees.
3. Just leave a comment to let me know you’re interested. Make sure there is some way to contact you, either through your linked profile or in the comment. Please don’t just leave your name, because even if I am sure who you are, I may not have your contact information.
4. I’ll close the comments on August 3, and pick the winner using www.randomizer.org. I’ll contact the winner and she’ll have 48 hours to get back to me. If the winner doesn’t get back to me, then I’ll pick someone else. I want the winner to have plenty of time to make any arrangements necessary.
5. If for any reason, the winner is unable to attend, and gives me suitable notice, I will pick another winner and give someone else a chance to attend.
6. Ladies only!
7. Please read all the rules before you leave a comment.