My usual Oatmeal Raisin cookie recipe is the Quaker Oats recipe, but I didn’t like that recipe with no eggs. Using the flaxseed meal gave the cookies a funny taste. The boys liked them, but I thought we could do better. I found a new recipe posted on http://www.food.com/, using the search engine on http://www.yummly.com/. Yummly searches several different recipe sites using various criteria, including allergy-free recipes. This recipe is egg-free, dairy-free and delicious. You can find the original recipe here.
3 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
1 cup raisins
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place oats and walnuts on ungreased baking sheet and toast for 5-7 minutes; set aside.
3. Combine water and raisins in saucepan and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes; set aside.
4. Combine everything and mix well.
5. Drop one inch size dough “balls” onto baking sheet covered with parchment paper; bake one sheet at a time for about 14 minutes, until lightly browned.
6. Place cookies on rack to cool.
Original recipe says it yields 44 cookies. I have no idea if we had that many because the cookies were eaten almost as fast as they came out of the oven. There were probably close to 44, though.